I feel it's important to leave a way for people to find you on the internet when you blog. It's like giving your phone number to a great friend you don't want to lose touch with!
What I do is leave a signature with my every comment when I visit friends' blogs:
Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!
I've had several friends ask me how I did mine, so I feel it's high time that I share the love! So I'm going to show you how you create your own signature!* It's quick and painless, I promise!
1. Go to "new post" on your blog.
2. Type in what you want your signature to be:
♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥
3. Open another tab on your browser and open your site there, cut and paste the URL from the navigator bar onto the highlighted words of your signature:
4. Click the "edit html" tab at the upper right corner of your "compose" window of your new post. To begin your blogging adventure with your new signature feature, copy and start pasting this html code after your every comment!
5. I would save this post as a draft with some future date so far that it will always be at the top of your "edit posts" list for easy access when you go blogging 'round. (You'll always need to open it under the "edit html" to have it appear with the live links!)
By the way, this is so silly but it was so HUGE when I discovered it for myself. You see the little hearts around my ♥.•*¨name¨*•.♥? I cut those from Facebook and pasted them to a "new post" window and they stuck! I'm so happy! Experiment with all the cute symbols you find on FB and see if they'll stick. Certain ones don't.
I would LOVE to see your cute signatures right now in my comment area below. Let's show them off!
Do you have any cool tricks you'd love to share with us?
*Some blogs don't allow html codes and will leave behind all the little symbols.